Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Catching up

So as I said here, there are a lot of things I need to write about.
Today let's tackle PRESCRIPTION RIP-OFFS.


We are a relatively healthy couple with very few prescriptions between us. Recently, my husband was diagnosed with a gluten allergy that causes SEVERE skin irritation. As a result, he has a regular creme prescription that he uses to heal his hands from the years of adverse reaction.

This prescription was more than $70 in most stores, but we found it cheapest at Wal-Mart (around $55). But slowly it began to creep up to meet the other stores. After 6 months or so it was $73 everywhere and it would last him about 3 weeks.



I routinely call around for price checks and for some reason I thought to call Sam's Club. Why was this same scrip $37?!?!?!?

We are more determined than ever to get off of all prescription meds, but this crap made me mad that there is that much of a mark up on something so necessary. And I'm even more angered that Sam's and Wal-Mart are connected so they could pull his prescription over from the shared system, but Wal-Mart won't match the Sam's price.

So for those cash payers out there without medical coverage, try Sam's or Costco to fill regular prescriptions, you will probably save LOTS of money.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks for the tip!