Monday, December 10, 2012

Learning to be more kind

I'm not sure when it was, but recently I noticed that I'm not really kind.

Some people are so appropriately thoughtful, I was not. I'm actually sort of stingy and selfish at times (often called spoiled), but hey, realization is half the battle.

When I really think about it, I may have become more kind as a reaction to some really inconsiderate behaviors I've witnessed.

Even with my at-time selfishness, I am always considerate.  I care a LOT about peoples feelings which leads me to Exhibit A.

I DETEST seeing people deliver used (not matter how gently used) clothing or shoes to children in garbage bags. Clothes that are new to you, should not be come that way. It's inconsiderate.




I
I keep birthday bags and the nicer store bags with handles to use as giveaway bags. I wash the shoes and clothes to make sure they smell fresh. I look for any extra buttons that came with the clothes and send them along to the new owner. I even go as far as to wrap the clothes in tissue paper. I would feel really special to get anything wrapped in paper in pretty bad, used or not!

 The bereavement meal is so appreciated. Even if you have to get a group of people together to each cook a predetermined item (so you end up with a complete meal.)

That's what I did with a sister for a friend whose mother passed away. I had the salad, drink and salmon. She had a vegetable and dessert. I found this cute little sign to put on the food (from Pinterest)

Being thoughtful takes a little energy, but pales in comparison to the reward. I'm glad I came to my senses, it feels so good to be considerate!

No comments: