Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A reminder is a mercy...

At the beginning of Ramadan I was feeling a good dose of guilt and gratitude.

I was thankful for the time that is required of those who believe in Allah to refocus on myself and my faith. Ramadan is one of the best periods of my year.

The guilt comes from realizing how far out of focus I had become. I found this great post on another site about how to remain focused throughout the year.

Just reading it made me know that I am no alone in my struggle to become one with Allah and I also was reminded of something I teach my daughter. I tell her that we are "striving Muslims". In the truest definition, Muslim means "one who submits his way to the will of Allah." Knowing this, I can only say that I am striving.

I am thankful for even the desire to.

No comments: