Friday, September 19, 2008

I believe in balance

In the past two weeks I've posted about two very flawed brothers. Kwame and The R.

So I thought I'd return with a deeply touching story of a brother who got it right.

Dana Canady is a New York Times Editor whose fiance died in Iraq. But only after making a 200 page journal written to his unborn/newborn son. This is a wonderful story about a Black man and woman and thier love for their son.

My love FOR Black marriage and FOR Black adults having children together is NOT a statement AGAINST biracial couples. I know, Black Muslims hate white people and dating 'outside your race'. WRONG, I can show you a few Asian/Black and Black/Latino marriages in the Nation so get over that untruth.

I am the product of Black union and it is all I know first hand. I wanted to reproduce myself so I found a mate like myself to marry and have children with.
(Please don't use this post as a forum for your views on interacial dating.)

I have inside information that this story has already been made into a book AND a movie will be made starring a very famous Academy Award winning actor/producer.

If you have time to read her story from the Times back in January of 2007 please leave a comment.

I wanted to leave this week with a hopeful story on how GREAT a people WE REALLY ARE.

Have great weekend and I have lots of posts coming next week. I'm preposting all weekend.

3 comments:

clnmike said...

That was a moving article.

Don said...

That is definitely a tremendous story, I can't even imagine how it will feel for the family, Some umpteenth years later.

Smell Goods Lady said...

Thank you for sharing this story. My heart is touched and my eyes are filled.