Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thoughts On The Page

Bismillah

When my husband and I were courting before marriage we had this running ''thing'' between us.

He would stand behind me, tell me to cross my arms and fall back toward him and I would not do it. I wanted him to SAY ''I will catch you'' and he felt like I should trust that he would not let me fall.

Initially, I thought that I had a trust issue. But I think it's really one of faith.




I absolutely trust that my husband will catch me, if he SAYS he will. I believe that his word is his bond. His statement, ''I will catch you'' means that he'll watch me and make sure that I don't hit the ground.

If he doesn't say it, I have to hope that doesn't get distracted. I have to hope that he doesn't want to see if I can take a fall so he let's me hit the ground.

But how does that play itself out in our daily lives?

People say that trust is built. I say that faith is built and faith is the corner stone of belief.

How do you just ''believe"? Faith comes before belief.

Faith - Noun 1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Belief - Noun 1: conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence.

Belief is REAL. Faith is something hoped for.

I don't like to hope. I have faith, but it has an expiration date. I don't have faith in something or someone for an unlimited length of time. At some point, there must be some action or evidence that the action or thing hoped for will come to pass.

This was on my heart to share with you.

I tend to judge myself harshly and was attracted to friends who judged me harshly. As I strive to be kinder to myself, I am seeking to retrain those around me to look deeper at my actions. Don't label me or put me in a convenient ''box''.

I'm looking at myself without judgement. I'm studying my actions and finding the source of my behaviors.

We have to look beyond the surface if we are to reach our eventual perfection and experience heaven.

No comments: