Thursday, September 13, 2012

A little bit of guilt...or is it a dose of reality?


guilt - a feeling of responsibility or remorse for some offense, crime, wrong, etc., whether real or imagined.

I have been REALLY busy. Like, abnormally, ridiculously busy. Over and over I talk about my lack of planning and organization. But now, I'm starting to feel guilty about some of the things that get pushed to a back burner, or pushed completely off the stove, because I've run out of time for it.



Then as soon as the guilt kicks in, the realization kicks in that the things that I pushed to the back were easy to ignore. And some things were actually skipped in protest, if I'm totally honest.

If I'm truthful, there is enough time in the day to get all of the things in my life accomplished.

I'm quitting some long standing obligations this year.

I'm recommitting to a project that I released because the conflict there was bad for my health. But I think that I'm mature enough to struggle on through it now.

My schedule is intense, but I need it like that. I've long stopped making excuses to others for what I do and don't do. I just need to stop making excuses to myself and stop feeling guilty about what I choose not to do.

No comments: