Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On my plate...suhoor.


One of the meals on our menu this month…
French toast w/natural syrup
Cantaloupe and blueberries
Lots of water


My simple French Toast recipe:

6 slices of thick bread (I use Trader Joe's Challa bread)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon 
Sprinkle with powdered sugar
Serves 3

Directions: Beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in shallow dish. I use a glass pie dish.

Soak bread in mixture for about 45 seconds on each side before placing in buttered skillet or griddle.

Turn once when brown.

Remove and place on serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Serve with syrup.


 *We listen to the Ramadan Prayer Line on Touch FM online while we eat. 

2 comments:

Aminah said...

Looks good. I enjoy breakfast for dinner. My hubby not so much. He's old school & not into the heavy, often empty calorie, breakfast food. Every now & then I can get by with French toast if it's topped with a variety of fresh berries. Now if I can get him to enjoy crepes with hand whipped cream & strawberries I'd be too happy.

Anonymous said...

Super yummy! Now, I want breakfast...it's 5:45 pm