Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homeschool Tuesday- Change of plans

When things don't go as planned and you don't get your lesson plans done...don't sweat it!

I was inspired to write this by someone who was fretting and we're less than a month into the school year.

Even without a lesson plan you are going to do SOMETHING with your children/students right?

Just write it down.

Write down what you did.
How much time spent.
Date it and hold onto it.

When time allows, enter it onto your lesson plan for the year/month/week (however you log them). This way you have a record in case you are audited and you have a record for yourself if you forget what was covered.

You'll catch up and soon find yourself ahead of the game in no time.

I had a hectic week and weekend and did not have written plan for this week. So I'm writing it down and should be able to really catch up and get ahead a couple week by the weekend.

Don't be a slave to the schedule. Remain flexible and fun!

I'll do a post on my lesson plans next time I do a homeschool post.

1 comment:

Itiel said...

Flexibility is one of the beauties of homeschooling.
:O)

Have you seen this site spellingcity.com?