Monday, April 14, 2008

The beauty of spring

One of the first things I noticed when I returned to Kentucky from The D was how BEAUTIFUL it is here. In early April we already have fully green grass and many flowers and trees are in bloom. I have the most beautiful tree/bush in front of my house and it only blooms for about 2 weeks and then it's gone. But I look forward to it every year.

I was talking to an 80 something year old writer the other day and commented on how beautiful Kentucky is this time of year and after we chatted for a bit (I was really calling for someone else in her house) she said it was so nice to talk to someone who even notices those things and I thought about that.

People talk about so much but often neglect the simple pleasures and joys and I have wonder if its because they were too busy to notice.

I talk to my mom at least once a day but sometimes we call each other just to share something funny or cute. I know that she is someone I can call to say

[contintued here...ok, Don just "get's me" because I must have lost the other half of my sentence when I saved....]

I talk to my mom at least once a day but sometimes we call each other just to share something funny or cute. I know that she is someone who just appreciates you thinking of her...something simple.

5 comments:

Don said...

People talk about so much but often neglect the simple pleasures and joy

i agree. we all have to learn how to do one simple thing - appreciate the gift of life. i sometimes get all stressed out @ the heat of a moment but i love to take the time and just breathe.

i did basic training in fort knox kentucky. sometimes we went into lexington. definitely a springtime state.

Sister P said...

@Don--We are trying to expand our publication into that area of Kentucky. We have people begging us to come and help them deal with some issues they are having down there. I here there's plenty of "us" down there but I haven't been yet. Weather: It's chilly today, but I love having on a warm coat riding by tulips , hosta buds.

Don said...

perfect visuals described. i remember the most about kentucky was the clean air. the kind that made me think about how this is how it was meant.

i think you should go and write those people story. i can't think of too much better than to write about causes.

Lakisa said...

ASA,

I got your blog address from BHC. I really enjoyed it. Babygirl reading at 3 1/2, go little sis! I saved you in my favs. Check out my homeschool blog at dirtyfaceangelsacademy.blogspot.com

Your sister,
Lakisa

Sister P said...

W A S Lakisa,
Glad to meet you. You are welcome here! Comment or lurk as much as you like. I'll come by for a visit.
-P