Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bah! Hum bug! XMas songs *ack!*

So the radio station that my talk show airs on has gone to Holiday Jamz! Holiday music 24-7 until the day after Christmas. So from time to time I listen and I like some of the songs. Yes the Muslim likes some Christmas tunes.

Why? Maybe because the tunes are familiar from my childhood and past. Maybe because I like the musical arrangement.

Then while trying to enjoy a television show one night, I noticed how every commercial had a familiar holiday song playing in it.

Then I started listening to the words....in a word, disturbing.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year" - There'll be parties for hosting, marshmallows for toashing and caroling out in the snow. There'll be scary ghost stories and tales of the glories of Chrismases long, long ago.

"The Christmas Song" - "tiny tots with their eyes all aglow, will find it hard to sleep tonight. They know that Santa's on his way, he's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh"

"Little Drummer Boy"- I totally missed this story in the Bible *read as sarcasm*. A little boy with a drum came to see the new born King whose parents had to run away and give birth in a manger? How'd he find them, and if he found them why didn't anyone else? Even Christians don't buy this one.

These songs are nothing more than lies and indoctrination into the matrix of lies around the birth of Jesus and the celebration of Christ-Mas.

As  a Muslim I know that Jesus lived and that we was a great man.  But I'm not convinced that his birthday was in December and THOROUGHLY unconvinced that our current observation of his birth is appropriate.

This really made me realize how much music has a way of making things stick to your brain. It can be used for good or evil.

We SERIOUSLY need some Ramadan and Eid Songs.


No comments: