Monday, October 31, 2011

Likes and Dislikes: Blogging Edition



Likes

  • The time spent reading other blogs, like the ones on the right.
  • That I can find people like me and peek at what they're doing.
  • Sharing my life, the way I chose to do it.
  • The feedback from others.
  • The record blogging creates. I love going back to see what I was doing and thinking in years gone by.
  • The long distance relationships made with other bloggers. 
  • No phone numbers or email addresses exchanged, just ideas and words of encouragement.


Dislikes

  • That more people like reading short posts, and not thinking, so they are more attracted to Facebook and Twitter than blogging.
  • The length of time I spend visiting the blogs on the right.
  • The time it takes to do a complete post with pics and detail.
  • That you can't always share what you'd like because there are creeps, perverts and trouble makers lurking about.
  • Blog beefs between normally intelligent people who fall victim to low esteem and pettiness. 

1 comment:

Don said...

Completely agree to each and every sentiment expressed. I love the thought of being able to reflect upon past reads and realizing certain things about myself and the thoughts of those who read and comment.

Blogging is definitely more time-consuming. Yet, worthwhile if the reads are informative and entertaining.