Monday, January 10, 2011

The Motivation Behind My Scrapbooking Journey

Confession: Scrap booking is intimidating to me.  I am not really naturally creative.  Following directions...that's me! So putting pictures together with words and ribbons and bows and....I'm getting tired thinking about it.

But I had some things I felt compelled to do through scrap booking.  I really want to put together the pictures when I visit my in-laws each year, because we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. I believe that my mother in law will appreciate the pictures this way, she'd look at them often.

Also, I feel the need to document what we're doing in our family. We are the first to ever, or at least in a long time, to attempt home schooling, gardening, Islam and working a business as a family; what I call a deeply conscious life. Having reason to do or not do everything. Nothing is done without thought.

I guess scrap booking will be like this blog for me. I'm doing it for myself, but others can see it and enjoy it if they like.

It feels necessary.

No comments: