Monday, June 28, 2010

Green Monday! - Do you wash your....?

...recyclable bags?  To be honest, I have never even thought about washing them.

Let me back up. The bag thing is going great, we now have about 10 bags and use about all of them on my monthly major grocery run.  Once a month I do sugar, flour, oatmeal, farina, navy beans, tomato paste, seasonings, etc.

I don't buy much meat. When I do, I always have it in one of those plastic bags that they have handy at the market (Whole Foods) and the meat from my butcher is wrapped in paper and has never leaked on me.  But, this article made me think about it.

This made me think about the handles and all the hands that touch them at the store.  I still have many bags from two years ago.  Maybe I should start replacing the bags every 6 months or so.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Don said...

I probably fall under the folks who don't think twice about reusable bags and I know it's not a good thing but it is due to my being worried about the cleanliness of the meat more than anything.

It does lead me to rethink some things though.

Hope all has been well around your way.